The Department of Finance (DoF) aims to help the Northern Ireland Executive secure the most appropriate and effective use of resources and services for the benefit of the community. In pursuing this aim, the key objective of the Department is to deliver quality, cost effective and efficient public services and administration in the department’s areas of executive responsibility.
The Permanent Secretary for the Department is Sue Gray.
The Department is comprised of:
- Public Spending Directorate
- Construction and Procurement Delivery
- Land & Property Services
- Enterprise Shared Services
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- Strategic Policy and Reform Directorate
- Departmental Solicitor’s Office
- NICS HR
A copy of the DoF organisational chart is available to download.
DoF is managed by the Departmental Board, which is chaired by the Permanent Secretary. The Board comprises twelve executive members and two Independent Board Members.
Minutes of DoF's Departmental Board meetings are available at the following links:
- DoF Departmental Board minutes 2018
- DoF Departmental Board minutes 2017
- DoF Departmental Board minutes 2016
- DFP Departmental Board minutes 2015
More details about the Department’s objectives, targets and organisational structure, including senior officials and Chief Executives, can be found in the DoF business plan.
DoF's Resource Accounts are prepared annually and present the financial results for the relevant financial year. The documents contain:
- reports on corporate governance
- statements of internal control
- certificates of the Comptroller and Auditor General
- annual remuneration reports
- staff numbers and related costs
- total travel and subsistence and hospitality costs
Gifts and hospitality
The Department publishes a register of gifts and hospitality offered to DFP staff.
Business planning and reporting
DoF's corporate and business plans set out the Department's commitments and strategic objectives. The Department also publishes its performance against targets set out in the Departmental business plan.
Departmental policies and guidance
The Department publishes information on policies and procedures for delivering our services and conducting our business, including:
- DoF guidance on the acceptance and provision of gifts and hospitality
- DoF whistleblowing policy
- DoF policy and framework for risk management
- DoF data protection policy