Although measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus have been revised for England, there is no change for Northern Ireland, where the message remains the same – STAY AT HOME - PROTECT THE NHS – SAVE LIVES. Please read the latest message from HOCS.
Updated 05 Jun 2020
* Guidance on new COVID-19 symptoms updated throughout
* FAQs on COVID-19 testing updated to reflect testing being available for all staff
* FAQs NICS Pay - updates to Q11 & Q12 including refund form for your aLink Season Ticket.
* FAQs Health and Safety – links updated
Guidance and FAQs
The following guidance and FAQs are intended to provide managers, staff and agency workers with the latest information on the coronavirus outbreak and how sickness absence, flexible working and leave should be managed.
The guidance and FAQs are continually subject to change.
Departments have an equal responsibility to ensure the health and wellbeing of essential worker colleagues who cannot work from home and members of the public who may come in contact with NICS staff through accessing essential services. Therefore social distancing and risk assessment actions must be taken to ensure the health and well-being of both NICS colleagues and the public. In addition to the guidance for staff and managers and the FAQs document, you will find useful advice on the COVID-19 section of HSENI website.
Visit the Department for Communities website for the latest information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and claiming benefits.
Civil Service Pensions have a number of contingency measures in place.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) FAQs for managers, staff and agency workers
Due to the large number of FAQs the questions have been split into the following categories:
- Agency workers
- Allocation of alternative duties/work
- COVID-19 symptoms, social distancing and self-isolating
- COVID-19 testing
- Essential workers
- Health & Safety
- Home working expenses
- NICS pay
- Resourcing and vacancy management
- Sickness absence and leave
- Vulnerable people and care of dependents