The Economic Advisory Unit
Key areas of work for the Economic Advisory Unit (EAU) are currently in relation to the development of Government’s response to the OECD Review of Public Governance in Northern Ireland and managing the £700m Public Sector Transformation Fund.
EAU supported the OECD in carrying out their Review of Public Governance in Northern Ireland. Work previously carried out included:
- liaison with the OECD to develop Terms of Reference for the Review
- coordination / implementation of the Review at various stages (e.g. questionnaire, missions, case studies, etc.)
- managing the interface between officials in the Executive and the OECD
EAU’s current role in this area is regarding the development and monitoring of the Government’s response to the Review recommendations.
EAU manages the Public Sector Transformation Fund. This involves:
- supporting the design of the funding allocation methodology
- managing and overseeing the bidding process
- monitoring and forecasting allocations
- providing recommendations of proposed allocations to Public Sector Restructuring Steering Group members and Minister
- carrying out an annual evaluation of the Fund
Other work areas for EAU include:
The Change Fund
EAU led in developing its criteria , assessed the applications for funding, made recommendations to Minister and completed an interim and final evaluation of the Change Fund programme. The final evaluation identified evidence of value for money.
Alternative Funding Models
EAU is currently developing capacity to support the creation of alternative funding models, such as Community Mutuals and Social Impact Bonds, with social enterprises.
EAU is liaising with other UK jurisdictions to improve the measurement of public sector value and efficiency.
The Economic Advisory Unit looks forward to working with you to bring innovation to your project.
For more information please contact email@example.com