In line with Procurement Guidance Note 05/12, the Centres of Procurement Expertise have agreed (in consultation with the Construction Industry Forum for NI) that from 1 January 2013 onwards, contractors wishing to apply to be short-listed for invitation to tender must:
- be registered with Constructionline, have 'active' status and have at least the minimum category value in one of the work categories specified for the procurement
- have a health and safety management system, satisfying the requirements of the Buildsafe NI initiative, which has been certified by one of the third parties listed
- have a valid certificate demonstrating that the company's organisation and arrangements for health and safety have been evaluated, in accordance with the CDM Regulations (ACOP Stage 1 assessment), under a scheme which is a member of the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Forum
Dynamic Shortlisting System (DSS)
This new system will be piloted for a 12-month period, in an attempt to simplify the process for contractors wishing to tender for CPD contracts under £4.5m in value.
Pre-qualification templates for under threshold construction works and services
To support the simplified procurement processes set out in Procurement Guidance Note 05/12, Construction & Procurement Delivery (CPD) developed a set of standard pre-qualification templates - however the majority of these are currently under review.
The 'Other Offices' form is still currently available to download.
Contact email@example.com with any queries about templates.
Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP)
SSIP is a forum that:
- acts as an umbrella organisation to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety pre-qualification schemes wherever it is practicable to do so
- actively advises and influences clients about acceptable interpretation and appropriateness of health and safety competence standards in UK schemes
- embraces the core guidance on competence and training in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
For further Information visit the SSIP website.
Constructionline is the UK’s register of local and national construction and construction-related services pre-assessed to work for public and private sector client buyers.
For further information visit the Constructionline website.
For further information
Any queries should be addressed to:Construction & Procurement Delivery
Construction Procurement Policy Branch 2
2nd Floor East
303 Airport Road West
Telephone: 028 9081 6494