The Communications and Engagement Division (CAED) includes the Ministerial Private Office, the office of the Permanent Secretary, Media and External Communications, Internal Communications, Engagement and Events and Transparency and Open Government. Our overall aim is to provide high quality communications and support to the Department.
CAED is responsible for a range of services including:
- developing and maintaing relationships across the Department and with Senior Officials to ensure there is a focus on the delivery of strategic priorities
- developing and delivering DoF’s internal and external communications
- championing the use of digital media to enable DoF to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- developing and maintaining relationships with local and national media so there is an improved understanding of the role of the Department
- championing the Open Government agenda across NICS and beyond, to help maximise the benefits for organisations, government and wider society
- ensuring Freedom of Information requests are managed and responded to in a timely and effective way in line with our statutory obligations.
- leading on DoF programme of staff engagement and recognition activities
- providing an ongoing programme of engagement events for staff in all departments
Head of Communications and Engagement Division