Land & Property Services (LPS) is encouraging businesses who have been impacted by the fire in Belfast City Centre to contact them to discuss how LPS can support them through this incident.
If their premises have been severely damaged by the fire, they should make an application to the District Valuer with LPS to have the NAV reassessed. Information available online at:
During this period, LPS is willing to discuss extended payment arrangements with affected businesses.
Ratepayers may also be eligible for the Hardship Relief scheme. This relief is intended to assist businesses who meet the specific conditions to recover from a temporary crisis, financial or otherwise, as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Businesses can contact LPS for further advice and information on how to manage their rate commitments as a consequence of the recent fire incident by:
- Tel 0300 200 7801 (charged at local rate)
- Tel +44 28 9049 5794 if calling from outside the UK
- Text relay 18001 0300 200 7801
- In person at the Belfast Customer Information Centre, Lanyon Plaza, 7 Lanyon Place, Town Parks, Belfast BT1 3LP
- Email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6727/028 81 6895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Murphy announces funding for apprenticeships, education and social enterprises 13 August 2020
- Over 25,000 businesses benefitting from 100% rate relief - Murphy 04 August 2020
- Murphy chairs first meeting of RHI Sub-Committee 30 July 2020
- Finance Minister Welcomes additional funding 24 July 2020