From 1st October 2018, Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) will now be called Construction & Procurement Delivery (CPD).
Commenting, the CPD Chief Executive Des Armstrong said:
"The term Central Procurement Directorate did not fully reflect the services we provide.
"While procurement is a key area of work, CPD services range much wider into project delivery, contract management, and project assurance.
"A recent transfer of property management staff from Enterprise Shared Services to CPD created the impetus to move to a new organisation name – ‘Construction & Procurement Delivery’ which retains the ‘CPD’ acronym
"At any point in time, CPD are involved in the delivery of more than 1,000 public sector projects – enabling a wide range of Programme for Government outcomes, which impact on the lives of people living and working in Northern Ireland.
"Enterprises currently delivering a public sector contract awarded by CPD do not need to take any particular action as a result of the name change."
CPD remains committed to ensuring that micro and small enterprises are able to access NI public sector opportunities – any enterprise with fewer than 50 employees is welcome to attend one of our CPD Supplier Engagement Events.
Contact email@example.com to reserve a place at any of our events.
Notes to editors:
- Tender opportunities published by CPD are available to view and respond on the eTendersNI portal https://etendersni.gov.uk
- CPD publishes a regular procurement pipeline https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/articles/view-current-cpd-procurement-pipelines-supplies-and-services-opportunities to help enterprises prepare for future contract opportunities.
- Lists of contracts awarded by CPD are available in the ‘Selling to government’ section: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/topics/procurement/information-about-contracts-awarded
- CPD provides a range of best practice guidance and resources for public sector officials involved in programme or project management https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/topics/programme-and-project-management-and-assurance
- Murphy strengthens code for Special Advisers 20 January 2020
- Murphy committed to meaningful engagement with Trade Union colleagues 17 January 2020
- Murphy and Swann united in their determination to rebuild our health service 15 January 2020
- Proposed Financial Package Woefully Inadequate - Murphy 15 January 2020