Finance Minister, Conor Murphy today spoke by telephone to Alison Millar, NIPSA General Secretary ahead of their meeting scheduled for next week.
Minister Murphy said: “One of my first engagements as Finance Minister was to meet with some of the staff within my own Department. It’s been a long three years for Civil Servants, many of whom are represented by NIPSA, and I wanted to thank them for their work and their patience during this difficult period.
“I am aware there is ongoing industrial action in relation to the 2018/19 pay offer, terms and conditions of service and recruitment practices. My meeting with Alison next week will allow me to hear at first hand the views of her members. I am fully committed to meaningful engagement with our trade union colleagues.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter at @dptfinance
- Bug Safari launched at Stormont Estate 18 February 2020
- Murphy allocates additional funds for education, health and infrastructure 17 February 2020
- Call for urgent talks with new Chief Secretary to the Treasury 16 February 2020
- Special Advisers Appointments 14 February 2020