Land & Property Services has been working closely with Belfast City Council as part of the response to this incident.
Immediately following the incident LPS established a team dedicated to handle these cases.
The District Valuer is finalising the factual information with Belfast City Council officials and in the next few days will issue to ratepayers details of revised rateable values of all properties within the cordon. Rate liability for the properties inside the cordon will then be suspended, meaning that these businesses will not be liable for the rates from the date of the fire.
Land & Property Services (LPS) has also been in discussion with a number of other ratepayers. These ratepayers or their representatives may also contact LPS on telephone number 0300 200 7801.
As has already been made clear, LPS are happy to discuss extended payment arrangements with affected businesses. Ratepayers may also be eligible for the Hardship Rate Relief Scheme. This rate relief is intended to assist businesses who meet the specific conditions to recover from a temporary crisis, financial or otherwise, as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Any business inside or outside the cordon who have any concerns regarding their rates should contact Land & Property Services (LPS) for further advice & information on:
- 0300 200 7801
- Visit: www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/hardship-relief
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at the Belfast Customer Information Centre, Lanyon Plaza, 7 Lanyon Place, Town Parks, Belfast BT1 3LP’
- Go Digital at Get Online Week 2018 18 September 2018
- Landlords Rates allowance deadline fast approaching 12 September 2018
- Previously unseen art pieces unveiled at Bridewell 06 September 2018
- 05 September 2018