Domestic ratepayers are reminded that the deadline for the 4% discount if they pay their rate bill in full is Friday 3 July 2020.
Bills can be paid online by debit or credit card to secure the discount at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates. Ratepayers can also set up a single Direct Debit for full payment to avail of the discount. For further information on paying by Direct Debit, contact Land & Property Services on 0300 200 7801 or visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/set-up-a-direct-debit-online
For all other payment methods, including paying by cash, debit card or cheque at a Post Office or Paypoint outlet, ratepayers must allow a minimum of five working days for payment to reach LPS.
A wide range of reliefs and entitlements are available including support for those entitled to Universal Credit, for people on a low income and for pensioners who live on their own. Full details can be found at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates.
Land & Property Services is encouraging anyone having difficulty paying to contact them on 0300 200 7801 or at email@example.com for advice on payment arrangements and the range of support available.
Notes to editors:
- For media queries contact the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6895, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Rate bills to issue in May 19 April 2021
- 90% of households complete 2021 Census 07 April 2021
- Over £260 million paid out under Localised Restrictions Support Scheme - Murphy 02 April 2021
- Murphy announces Budget to rebuild economy and support children and young people 01 April 2021