Domestic ratepayers are reminded that the deadline for the 4% discount if they pay their rate bill in full is Friday 3 July 2020.
Bills can be paid online by debit or credit card to secure the discount at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates. Ratepayers can also set up a single Direct Debit for full payment to avail of the discount. For further information on paying by Direct Debit, contact Land & Property Services on 0300 200 7801 or visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/set-up-a-direct-debit-online
For all other payment methods, including paying by cash, debit card or cheque at a Post Office or Paypoint outlet, ratepayers must allow a minimum of five working days for payment to reach LPS.
A wide range of reliefs and entitlements are available including support for those entitled to Universal Credit, for people on a low income and for pensioners who live on their own. Full details can be found at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates.
Land & Property Services is encouraging anyone having difficulty paying to contact them on 0300 200 7801 or at email@example.com for advice on payment arrangements and the range of support available.
Notes to editors:
- For media queries contact the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6895, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy visits Mid Ulster businesses benefitting from financial support 23 July 2021
- Finance Minister visits North Coast business benefitting from a share of over £68 million of Covid support 07 July 2021
- Murphy launches Stormont play park ‘Quiet Hour’ 06 July 2021
- New era for public procurement as social value to be scored in government contracts – Murphy 05 July 2021