Communications and Engagement Division is responsible for strategic external and internal communications; effective engagement with stakeholders and staff groups; championing open government and transparency; leading on Freedom of Information and handling FOI requests; and ensuring the effective running of Ministerial and Permananet Secretary’s Private Offices.
- To develop and manage a strategic approach of DoF’s communications effort both internally and externally, articulating the vision outlined in the Programme for Government and to influence the development and implementation of a DoF communications plan, ensuring dynamic and effective departmental communications.
- To advocate the use of new emerging media to enable DoF to communicate and engage effectively with all its stakeholders.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key local and national media and opinion formers so there is an improved understanding of the role of DoF and develop mutually beneficial networks.
- To Champion Open Government and Data initiatives maximising benefits for organisations, government and wider society.
- To lead on Freedom of information (FOI) and handling of FOI requests to ensure they are managed and responded to in a timely and effective way and as openly as possible
- To ensure there is good quality stakeholder engagement developing stakeholder handling and engagement strategies for high profile issues.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Ministerial and Permanent Secretary private offices.
- To lead on engagement across the NICS including NICS Live and NICS Awards.
Head of Communications and Engagement Division
Telephone: 028 9081 6407 / 028 9081 6790
Head of Media and External Communications
Telephone: 028 9081 6724
Head of Internal Communications
Telephone: 028 9033 6745
Head of Engagement and Events
Telephone: 028 9081 6137
Head of Open Government and Transparency
Telephone: 028 90 816893