The purpose of this EPN is to inform employers that:
- a letter in relation to increased member contributions (copy attached at Annex A) must be issued in hard copy to all staff;
- the letter must be issued in hard copy to all candidates who are currently going through the recruitment process; they must ensure that the revised member contribution rates are implemented by their payroll providers from 1 April 2014;
- they must ensure that any pensions information being provided to new entrants is updated to reflect the increased member contributions;
- if appropriate, a notice to all Heads of Branches (copy attached at Annex B) must be issued;
- there is a Q&A for staff on the Pension Contribution Increases 2014/15 available on the PCSPS(NI) website under ‘Latest News’ (copy attached at Annex C); and
- the inclusion of a message in the March 2014 payslips is optional.