The purpose of this EPN is to:
- remind employers that the contribution rates from 1 April 2012 have been further revised from 1 April 2013 and will change again from 1 April 2014;
- remind employers that their payrolls should have been amended to ensure the correct rate of contributions are taken from members from 1 April 2012 onwards, including the increased rate from 1 April 2013;
- remind employers that, for retrospective pay awards a process must be in place to capture and deduct retrospective pension contributions due;
- seek confirmation from employers that processes are in place with regard to the collection of member contribution increases from 1 April 2012 onwards;
- seek confirmation from employers that a process is in place to capture and deduct retrospective pension contributions following a retrospective pay award
- instruct any employer who has not implemented the increased member pension contributions from 1 April 2012 and the further increase in member contributions from 1 April 2013 to contact Civil Service Pensions immediately.