WIth Cisco Jabber you can:
- can instant message your colleagues if you have a quick query. This reduces communication delays by providing presence information so you can see when your colleagues are available
- accelerate team performance by instantly expanding one-on-one conversations to group chats or multiparty audio, video, and web conferences
- collaborate directly from Microsoft Outlook by viewing a contact's availability and simply clicking to IM or call. You can also search for users in Active Directory and ‘right click to call’ them instead of having to dial numbers via your handset
- send/receive files across the network quickly and easily, and send/receive screen shots of your desktop
- share your desktop with other users
- also access your voicemail messages through Jabber without having to log into it from your phone
- use Jabber as a soft phone – which means you can use your laptop / PC as your phone extension without needing a handset on the desk – perfect for those who are out and about or working from home. If you have a webcam you can set up an informal video conference, both between Jabber users or even to other video conferencing units on the network
How to request Jabber?
Cisco Jabber is now installed on all computers in the NICS and all IPT users have an account.
If you wish to use the softphone capability of Jabber please raise a service request through your normal departmental channels (there is no additional cost for this service, but there will be a cost for a USB headset and/or a webcam should you require one).
Jabber 'How to' guides
'How to' guides are attached below.