The most recent review focused on:
- updating the policy taking account of any changes in employment legislation
- considering best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion policies elsewhere – both public and private sectors
- providing examples of how the policy is implemented in NICS
- highlighting roles and responsibilities
- monitoring obligations and purpose
The revised policy recognises the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The NICS operates in an increasingly diverse community and it is important to understand that the people who provide and use our services have diverse characteristics and different experiences, needs and aspirations.
Understanding, valuing and effectively managing these differences can result in greater participation, and help bring about success at an individual, team and organisational level.
Consultation took place with internal stakeholders, including Trade Union Side.
DetailsFor further information and help please contact Corporate HR at the following address: Corporate HR
BT1 6FD email: HRPolicyenquiries@finance-ni.gov.uk