You must send Land and Property Services (LPS) information about your business property if they’ve asked you to. You need to do this even if you no longer own or rent the property.
The information you provide will be used by LPS to help calculate business rates in your area.
Before you start
Before you start you’ll need:
- the Property ID and Password from the letter LPS sent you. If you have not received a Property ID and Password then you are not able to complete the online RALQ. Please read the next section or contact LPS for further guidance.
- your lease or rental agreement, including the current rent you pay or any tenants’ details if you are the owner
- information about any recent changes to your rent or any rent-free periods
- details of any sub-lettings
- information about any changes you have made to the property, including costs
- if the property is a public house, or licensed accommodation you will need details of your turnover for the last three years
- you will need details of throughput if your business is a petrol filling station
- you will need details of number and types of accommodation, occupancy rates and turnover if your business is an unlicensed accommodation property
Properties unable to complete online RALQ
- Caravan Parks
- Golf facilities
- Landfill sites
- Livestock market
- Market stalls (Market Rights & Tolls)
- Quarries / Mineral extraction
- Peat extraction / Peat bog
- Sports club
- Sports grounds
If your property falls into one of the categories listed, you cannot complete the RALQ online, you must complete the appropriate paper version of the questionnaire at NI Reval2023: Properties unable to complete online Rent And Lease Questionnaire (RALQ) and return it to Land & Property Services (LPS).
If your property type is not listed above then you can complete the online RALQ using the Property ID and Password which will be issued to you week beginning 4 October 2021.
Completing the online RALQ
You do not have to complete the form in one go. You can fully complete a section then save what you have done and return to finish the rest of the form later.
The questionnaire must be completed by 31 December 2022. Failure to supply the information within the requested timeframe may result in a fine.
You could be taken to court if you submit false information.
If you are unsure of what information to supply or need assistance in completing your questionnaire please contact LPS using the online contact form.