You will be able to complete your questionnaire once you receive either a paper questionnaire or an online ID and Password at the start of October.
Before you start
NI Reval2023 Rent & Lease Questionnaires (RALQs) should be completed by 31 December 2021. The information requested is very important and is used to accurately revalue all non-domestic properties. It will help ensure that you pay the correct amount of business rates from April 2023.
You will need a copy of your rental/lease agreement to complete the questions. The information requested is very important and is used to accurately revalue all non-domestic properties. It will help ensure that you pay the correct amount of business rates from April 2023.
Before you start you’ll need:
- the paper questionnaire or the reference number from the letter we will send you at the beginning of October - this will enable you complete your questionnaire online.
- your lease or agreement, including the current rent you pay or any tenants’ details if you’re the owner
- information about any recent changes to your rent or any rent-free periods
- details of any sub-lettings
- information about any changes you’ve made to the property, including costs.
If your property falls into one of the categories listed below, you cannot complete the RALQ online, you must complete the appropriate paper version of the questionnaire below and return it to Land & Property Services (LPS).
- Caravan Parks
- Golf facilities
- Landfill sites
- Livestock market
- Market stalls (Market Rights & Tolls)
- Quarries / Mineral extraction
- Peat extraction / Peat bog
- Sports club
- Sports grounds
If your property type is not listed above then you can complete the online RALQ using the Property ID and Password which will be issued to you week beginning 4 October 2021.
If you are unsure of what information to supply or need assistance in completing your questionnaire please contact LPS using the online contact form.