Finance Minister Arlene Foster MLA, and Employment and Learning Minister, Dr Stephen Farry today announced that Teleperformance intends to create 800 new jobs in Enniskillen, Fermanagh.
Teleperformance is a leading outsourced customer service management company and this new centre in Enniskillen is its third in Northern Ireland. The company plans to create the new jobs by 2018.
Making the announcement, Finance Minister Arlene Foster said: “This major investment is great news for Northern Ireland and I am delighted to have played a part in the journey that has brought Teleperformance to Fermanagh. I have taken an active interest in the company’s involvement in Northern Ireland and have been privileged to engage with them over the last number of years. Securing this further investment for Fermanagh marks another tremendous milestone which I am proud to be a part of.
“A reinvestment by this international company is a significant endorsement for Northern Ireland and what we have to offer companies as a place to do business.
“The new centre will deliver a number of benefits to the local economy, not least the creation of 800 new jobs and the generation of £12 million per annum in salaries.
“The job opportunities created will not only benefit people in Enniskillen but also those in the surrounding areas. There will be a wide variety of roles appealing to those looking to develop their career, and those looking to return to work. There will also be opportunities for young people, who will benefit greatly from training and skills development as they begin their working career.”
Invest NI has offered £2.5million of support towards the project. The Department of Employment and Learning has offered £249,500 of support through Assured Skills for pre-employment training for 100 people.
The Finance Minister said: “This was a highly mobile project. Indeed there was stiff competition with other international locations for this new establishment. However, thanks to the positive experience the company has had here to date, combined with the efforts of Invest NI and DEL, we have been able to secure the project for Northern Ireland.”
Minister Farry said: “Since Teleperformance opened its first operation in Bangor in 1998 it has built up a strong reputation for developing and delivering consistent, quality customer service experiences, which is made possible by the skills on offer in Northern Ireland.
“Assured Skills support from my Department will ensure the training and skills development needs of Teleperformance staff are met. Teleperformance Customer Service Academies will start in 2016. This Academy is once again an excellent example of government intervention to enhance the skills of the unemployed and will be delivered by South West College at their Enniskillen Campus.
“The new jobs will provide a variety of opportunities, offering flexible meaningful employment in a range of positions and the opportunity to develop important, transferrable skills.”
Speaking on behalf of the company, Alistair Niederer, CEO for Teleperformance UK, Ireland and RSA said: “We are delighted to be growing our presence in Northern Ireland, and to be creating this new contact centre here in Enniskillen.
“It is our objective to provide world class customer service through our top quality, well trained staff. It is our philosophy to transform passion into excellence and Northern Ireland had proven to be a great place for us to do this.
“We see the commitment of our staff and the superior service they are able to provide as an important part of our competitive advantage. People considering applying for the new jobs here in Enniskillen should be assured of our commitment to provide training and a stimulating and motivational place to work.
“The support we have had from Invest NI and DEL, not only on this project but in general, has been extremely important to our business’ continued success here. We look forward to working with the local community to make this new centre in Enniskillen a real success.”
Notes to editors:
- Invest NI has offered a total of £2,517,842 of support to Teleperformance: £2.4million SFA employment grant and £117,842 through the Skills Growth Programme.
- DEL has offered £249,500 of support through the Assured Skills Programme.
- Teleperformance is a leading outsourced customer service management company with more than 182,000 employees across 270 centres in 62 countries. The company currently employs nearly 2,000 people in Northern Ireland at its centres in Bangor and Newry.
- The average salary for the project is £14,700.
- Media enquiries only to DFP Communications Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6725. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Inclusive playpark opens ahead of summer holidays 25 June 2019
- Members sought for the Northern Ireland Building Regulations Advisory Committee 24 June 2019
- Department of Finance response to NIAO Report on nidirect Strategic Partner Project 14 June 2019
- Nearly £10million provided in rates assistance 12 June 2019