Finance Minister Arlene Foster MLA today officially opened the new £1.4million spa and leisure facilities at Corick House, in County Tyrone.
Corick House opened as a guest house in 1996 and has grown to a 43-bedroom, 4 star hotel and spa. The spa and extension project, which added 24 en-suite rooms, was supported by Invest NI with capital grants of £230,000.
Officially opening the spa the Minister said: “Corick House’s success is testament to the business acumen of the late Jean Beacom who had a vision to develop a derelict building in 1994 to the splendor of the country house hotel it is today. Jean was an inspirational business woman and her family has continued her vision to develop and expand Corick House.
“From its early beginnings as a guesthouse in 1996, Corick House has been developed into the only 4 star-hotel in County Tyrone. Jean’s daughter, Avril Robinson, alongside her two brothers, Andrew and Haldene, has grown the business by almost doubling its turnover and staff numbers. The hotel now attracts visitors not only from Northern Ireland but from overseas as well as corporate delegates.
“This success has been recognised recently when Avril won the accolade as Business Woman of the Year in the 2015 Ulster Tatler awards.”
Arlene Foster added: “Northern Ireland’s tourism success is not only about our world-class attractions but also the hospitality, food and welcome hotels like Corick House offer to visitors. 2016 Year of Food and Drink will create an even greater opportunity for businesses in the hospitality sector to showcase the best that Northern Ireland has to offer.”
The Minister concluded: “Corick House is one of the landmarks in the Clogher Valley and I am confident it will continue to make an important contribution to the tourism industry and the local economy.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries only to DFP Communications Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6725. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Finance Minister outlines plan for Marriage Law reform 01 July 2022
- Cost of living top of the agenda for Finance Ministers 15 June 2022
- Murphy determined to see cost of living support delivered 26 May 2022
- Murphy welcomes Fiscal Commission report 19 May 2022