Land & Property Services (LPS) is reminding landlords that their rate bill must be paid in full by Thursday 30 September 2021 in order to secure a 10% discount on this year’s rates.
If you are responsible for paying the rates on one or more properties that you rent out, you may be entitled to a 10% allowance on your current year’s rates. This allowance can only be awarded to eligible landlords who pay their bill in full by 30 September. Landlords are advised to allow a minimum of five working days for any payment to reach LPS. The discount does not apply to the rates due on a landlord’s home address, second home or personal holiday home.
For rented properties with a capital value greater than £150,000 where the tenant currently pays the rates, the landlord can enter into a formal agreement with LPS to ensure they are eligible for this allowance in the future.
For more information on terms and conditions and how to do this visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-rental-properties
There are a range of ways to pay. Landlords can pay online at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates or by contacting the LPS helpline on 0300 200 7801. For further details on payment methods and advice go to www.nidirect.gov.uk/how-you-can-pay-your-rate-bill.
Notes to editors:
- For more detailed information about landlord status and different types of landlord accounts visit: www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-rental-properties
- LPS is willing to assist any landlord in financial difficulty by agreeing mutually acceptable payment arrangements. Landlords having difficulty paying their rate bill should contact LPS by telephoning 0300 200 7801.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptFinance
- Spending Review leaves public services under pressure – Murphy 27 October 2021
- Consultation launches on revising building control fees 25 October 2021
- Murphy visits Cuilcagh Mountain 14 October 2021
- Finance Minister welcomes Peace Plus approval 14 October 2021