The Executive today agreed further funding allocations of £74 million including £25m towards the health workers recognition payment.
Announcing the allocations, Finance Minister Conor Murphy said: “The Executive has agreed to provide £25 million to offset the impact of National Insurance and tax deductions to the £500 recognition payment. This will ensure our dedicated health and social care workers, who have been at the forefront of the COVID-19 response, will benefit more fully from the recognition payment.
“A further £20 million is being allocated for my Department’s Localised Restrictions Support Scheme to continue financial assistance to businesses through the extended restrictions. So far over £180 million has issued to over 13,800 businesses through this scheme.
“I’m also allocating £0.5 million to provide a retrospective payment to soft play facilities.”
Minister Murphy continued: “I’m providing £10 million to enable the Belfast Harbour Commissioners to access borrowing for investment projects which will generate significant employment opportunities and enhance our capability to attract foreign direct investment.
“I’m also allocating £2.5 million for the A6 Derry to Dungiven and £16 million for NI Water Pension shortfall.”
Minister Murphy continued: “I continue to urge Ministerial colleagues to bring forward proposals as soon as possible, given the pressing need for funding to be allocated before the end of the financial year.
Notes to editors:
- Full Covid-19 allocations can be viewed at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/covid-19-funding-allocations
- The £0.5m for soft play venues is a retrospective payment covering the 10 weeks these businesses were without support from July to September last year. The payment will be based on the NAV of the premises and will mirror the rates under the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- 90% of households complete 2021 Census 07 April 2021
- Over £260 million paid out under Localised Restrictions Support Scheme - Murphy 02 April 2021
- Murphy announces Budget to rebuild economy and support children and young people 01 April 2021
- Murphy extends protection for business tenants until end of June 26 March 2021