Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has announced that agency workers within the Civil Service will soon benefit from parity of pay and annual leave.
Conor Murphy highlighted the enhanced entitlements as a tender for a new contract was advertised seeking suppliers for the provision of agency workers to the Civil Service Departments and their Non Departmental Public Bodies.
Announcing parity for agency workers, Minister Murphy said: “As is the case in many organisations, agency workers play a key role in the Civil Service and the delivery of services. Under this new contract, agency workers will have parity with Civil Service permanent colleagues in terms of pay, annual leave and paid time off for medical and dental appointments from day one.
“The Civil Service is committed to looking after the health and wellbeing of all those working in the NICS. I believe these enhanced arrangements for agency workers demonstrate our commitment to workers’ rights.”
Notes to editors:
1. Under the existing contract, NICS agency workers are entitled to the same basic employment and working conditions as if they had been recruited directly after 12 weeks. Under the replacement contract they will have parity in respect of pay and annual leave from day one.
2. The existing contract for the supply of agency workers to the NICS Departments and their Non Departmental Public Bodies ends in December 2020. The tender for the replacement contract for the supply of agency workers to the NICS Departments and their Non Departmental Public Bodies can be viewed at https://etendersni.gov.uk/.
3. For media enquiries contact the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com
- Reappointment of Utility Regulator Board members 23 October 2020
- Murphy welcomes Civil Partnership conversions 22 October 2020
- Murphy welcomes changes to Job Support Scheme 22 October 2020
- Murphy responds to Treasury Spending Review announcement 21 October 2020