The first meeting of the dedicated Executive sub-committee on reform following the RHI Inquiry took place this morning.
Chaired by the Finance Minister, the committee includes representation from each party on the Executive including Ministers in those Departments which have been core participants in the Inquiry, and the Junior Ministers representing the First Minister and deputy First Minister.
Speaking following the meeting, Conor Murphy said: “The Executive is committed to turning the RHI Inquiry recommendations into real action and reform.
“While our focus has been on prioritising the response to the COVID-19 pandemic it is essential that work progresses on implementing the recommendations of the RHI Inquiry.
“The RHI Executive Sub-Committee met today and finalised Terms of Reference for the group. We will produce and publish an action plan by the autumn outlining how the sustained, system-wide change that is needed to rebuild public confidence will be implemented.
“As the committee progresses its work it will keep the Assembly updated.”
Notes to editors:
1. Terms of Reference for the RHI Sub-Committee were agreed at its first meeting on 30 July 2020. These can be viewed at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/rhi-committee-terms-of-reference
2. Attendees at the meeting included: Ministers Conor Murphy, Diane Dodds, Naomi Long, Nichola Mallon, Robin Swann and Junior Ministers Declan Kearney and Gordon Lyons.
3. The establishment of the Subcommittee is a commitment in the New Decade, New Approach Agreement.
4. The Sub-Committee will produce an action plan focusing on the below themes:
· Professional skills of civil servants
· Ministers and Special Advisers
· Staffing and HR
· Collaboration and communication
· Governance and Financial Controls
· Record Keeping
· Raising Concerns
- Over 25,000 businesses benefitting from 100% rate relief - Murphy 04 August 2020
- 30 July 2020
- Finance Minister Welcomes additional funding 24 July 2020
- Finance Minister responds to Chancellor’s Summer Economic Update 08 July 2020