Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has launched a major Civil Service external recruitment campaign and is encouraging people to apply.
Speaking as recruitment for around 500 positions gets underway, Minister Murphy said: “The Civil Service delivers a range of services to people and families. With posts available across a number of Departments this is an excellent opportunity for people who want to make a real contribution to society.”
Encouraging applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, Murphy added: “The Civil Service should reflect the society it serves. I welcome applications from talented and motivated people regardless of their age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, community background, disability or ethnicity.”
The recruitment campaign is to fill approximately 500 positions at Executive Officer (EO) grades based in Civil Service Departments at a number of locations immediately as well as to create a waiting list of candidates to fill further vacancies that may arise during the life of this campaign.
The first stage of the recruitment campaign for Executive Officer Grade 2 posts opened on Monday 10 May with applications for Executive Officer Grade 1 posts opening on Monday 17 May.
For more details and to apply visit www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk. Completed application forms for EO2 must be submitted no later than 12 noon on Friday 21 May. The closing date for applications for EO1 must be submitted no later than 12 noon on Friday 28 May.
Notes to editors:
- The salary scale for EO2 is £25,229 to £26,051, and the salary scale for EO1 is £27,845 to £28,730. Other standard NICS benefits apply such as an attractive pension and annual leave entitlement.
- There are a variety of roles available at the EO grades across a number of Departments and locations. The majority of current vacancies are in the Greater Belfast and North West travel to work areas. However, the competition may also be used to fill vacancies in the other areas.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy announces business rates revaluation 16 June 2021
- Murphy presses Chancellor for multi-year budgeting 15 June 2021
- Murphy launches student placement scheme 14 June 2021
- Finance Minister visits local Armagh manufacturer 09 June 2021