The terms of appointment for two non-Executive Board members of the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (the Utility Regulator) have been increased.
For a period of up to six months, effective from 1 January 2019 while the competition processes for their successors is completed.
Notes to editors:
- The Utility Regulator is the non-ministerial government department responsible for regulating the electricity and gas industries as well as water and sewerage services in Northern Ireland. It serves to protect the interests of consumers with regard to both price and quality of service.
- Mr Richard Rodgers and Mr William Cargo joined the Utility Regulator as non-executive members in January 2011 and were reappointed for second terms in January 2014.
- Mr Richard Rodgers has over 25 years’ experience in the natural gas and heating industries. He started his career with British Gas working in Manchester, Edinburgh and London. He worked for Carillion plc (which acquired Eaga plc) from 2008 until 2013 as Managing Director. Prior to this he worked for Phoenix Natural Gas in Belfast from 1996 to 2008. He is a member of the Institute of Directors and is currently seconded to the Department for the Economy from his current role as an adviser with the Strategic Investment Board.
- Mr William Cargo has held a number of senior management posts in both the private and public sector within the UK and international energy industry. Mr Cargo has served on the boards of private and mutual energy companies and has a detailed understanding of the industry.
- The Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Rodgers and Mr Cargo have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- The positions attract an annual remuneration of £9,712.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6727 or email email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Northern Ireland Budget 2019-20 announced 28 February 2019
- Extension of appointments to the Statistics Advisory Committee 15 January 2019
- 21 December 2018
- Help for businesses affected by Bank Buildings fire 11 December 2018