The purpose of constructing the new walkway alongside the River Lagan was to facilitate the flow of visitors around the Titanic Quarter in a safe environment, whilst enhancing the overall visitor experience of Belfast's maritime heritage, beyond Titanic Belfast and Titanic Slipways.
The walkway is 400m long and situated along the Victoria Wharf, adjacent to the Titanic HBO Studios facility.
What was involved?
The works included:
- site clearance
- protecting and diverting existing electrical cables and water supply pipes
- trenching and ducting for new electrical cables and lighting
- laying and compacting of stone fills
- construction of reinforced concrete foundations
- erection of new railings and stone fencing
- landscaping works
- provision of street furniture and signposts
The works overlapped with a separate project to install a feature lighthouse optic light, and landscaping at the northern corner of the site.