The NI Executive has now agreed to consult on a Draft Budget for 2022-25. You can download the document at the link below.
Consultation on the 2022-25 Draft Budget
Given the constrained financial position and the growing demand, public services are facing significant challenges going forward. The Executive would welcome your views on the draft Budget.
Have your say
The following questions have been designed to seek your views and comments on the key matters contained within the Draft Budget. They are broken into three areas.
Funding Our Budget:
- Should we in Northern Ireland raise more money for public services. If so, how?
- Is it right to freeze our household and business rates at current levels?
- Where should we look to save money through better efficiencies?
Spending Our Budget:
- Do you think we have the right balance between health and other priorities?
- Do you agree with the proposal to direct 2% from other departments to health?
- Do we need to reduce or completely stop delivering any services? If so, what are they and why?
- Do we need to re-direct spending? What needs more funding and where would you take it from?
- Is there anything else you would wish us to know about the draft budget?
How to have your say
Comments on the draft Budget 2022-25 can be submitted via the following:
Comments on the draft Budget 2022-25 should be submitted by Monday 7 March 2022.
Spending plans of NI departments for previous years can be viewed using the link below.