Part D - Structure
The main elements introduced following consultation on proposed amendments to Part D and Technical Booklet D were:
- a change to the application of Regulation D2 (Disproportionate collapse) to bring it into line with the recommendations expressed in BS EN 1991-1-7: (Eurocode 1: Accidental actions)
- the recognition of the latest European Design Codes in the deemed to satisfy schedules, and
- a major redrafting of Technical Booklet D to recognise the influence of new European standards and to make the document more user friendly
Part J - Solid waste in buildings
The main elements introduced by the amendment to Part J were to ensure that new buildings would have:
- adequate provision of space for storage of multiple waste containers, and
- reasonable access from the waste storage area to the waste collection point
The amendment to Parts D and J was made on 4th January 2010 and came into operation on 31st March 2010.
This consultation is now closed.