The Department of Finance has opened a £30,000 Innovation and Outreach Fund to encourage the use of open data.
This Innovation and Outreach Fund provides the opportunity for individuals and organisations to come up with new and innovative ways to use government data to help build society’s trust in public services and improving citizens’ lives.
Awards of between £300 and up to £5,000 are available to fund the development of apps or other interactive visualisations that make innovative use of data on the Open Data NI portal. Organisations and individuals hosting engagement activities including hackathons, workshops, seminars or events that will raise awareness of open data will also be eligible to apply to the fund.
View further information about the Innovation and Outreach Fund. Deadline to apply is Friday 3 March 2023.
Notes to editors:
1. View the Open Data Strategy 2020-2023 launched on 14 October 2019.
2. All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter - @dptfinance
- Facebook - @dptfinance
- Instagram - @department_of_finance
- LinkedIn - Department of Finance
- Civil Service renews commitment to White Ribbon NI and retains Onus Gold Workplace Charter on domestic violence 05 December 2023
- Review of Defamation Law in Northern Ireland 13 November 2023
- Details published on emergency rate relief for businesses affected by recent flooding 10 November 2023
- Public encouraged to get involved in revenue raising consultations 09 November 2023