The Department of Finance’s Back in Business scheme aimed at attracting businesses onto the high streets and into town centres has opened for applications.
The scheme offers businesses a 50% rates discount for up to two years if they move into premises which were previously used for retail purposes and have been unoccupied for 12 months or more.
It is hoped the initiative will support regeneration of high streets while facilitating new businesses in moving into their first premises or provide opportunities for existing businesses to expand into additional premises.
The Back in Business scheme is open to all business types. Applications will be accepted up until 31st March 2023.
Further information can be found at nibusinessinfo.co.uk/business-support/back-business-scheme.
Notes to editors:
- The rates discount of 50% is granted for 24 months beginning on the day which the retail unit becomes occupied.
- “Retail purposes” means the retail provision of goods or services to members of the public who visit the property.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance