Land & Property Services (LPS) has confirmed that there will be a delay in the issue of rate bills for 2017/2018.
Usually at the beginning of April each year LPS issues annual rate bills to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland. This year, bills will be late due to a delay in the setting of the Regional Rate.
From the end of this week, LPS will be issuing a letter to every rate payer about the delay of 2017/2018 rate bills with advice and further information for ratepayers.
LPS is putting plans in place to allow bills to issue in May 2017, giving ratepayers the choice of making payment by the usual 10 instalments and to avail of the early payment discount as appropriate. This bill will cover rates assessed from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018, as well as any unpaid rates from previous years.
If a ratepayer normally pays by Direct Debit, they don’t need to do anything. No direct debit payments will be taken until a new bill is issued. If they normally pay by Standing Order/online/cheque LPS would encourage ratepayers to make a payment based on last year’s assessment.
Notes to editors:
- Land & Property Services (LPS) is part of the Department of Finance.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dptfinance.
- For media enquires please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Antiques Roadshow coming to Stormont Estate 29 July 2017 30 June 2017
- Utility Regulator Chair Term of Appointment 28 June 2017
- Open Data Challenge - stimulating education and innovation 12 June 2017
- Rates discount deadline fast approaching 09 June 2017