Finance Minister Conor Murphy today met local businesses at an event hosted by Newry Chamber of Commerce and Trade at Norbrook.
Over 30 organisations took part in the event which explored a wide range of topics including business rates, City Deals, infrastructure and skills.
Speaking at the event, Conor Murphy said: “I really welcome the opportunity to engage with local companies and hear first-hand their ambitious plans for the future.
“I’m committed to doing all I can as Finance Minister to realise that ambition and help businesses prosper as part of an inclusive and balanced economy.
“I look forward to meeting other Chambers of Commerce in the time ahead.”
Emma Marmion, President Newry Chamber of Commerce &Trade, said: “As a Chamber we welcomed the opportunity to set out our priorities for the Greater Newry Area to the Finance Minister, Conor Murphy. Our local regional economy, the location, the connectivity, the quality of life and the talent is what makes the Greater Newry Area one of growth and prosperity, and a reason why we are home to so many successful businesses.
“It is important that the new Executive builds policies and programmes to foster skills, grow business, develop exports and create a business rates system which is fair to all.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries to Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Executive Ministers urge Transport Secretary to support vital links 06 April 2020
- Construction companies supporting essential works must comply with PHA guidelines – Murphy 01 April 2020
- Murphy outlines Executive’s Budget 31 March 2020
- Reappointment of the Legal Services Oversight Commissioner 24 March 2020