Finance Minister Conor Murphy visited the Beam Creative Network in Donaghmore recently to find out more about their work, and how financial support from the Department has been invaluable.
Minister Murphy toured the organisation and met with staff to hear how financial support the organisation has received through the Dormant Accounts Fund has been used to focus on financial and digital sustainability moving forward.
Speaking after the visit, Minister Murphy said: “It was great to get the opportunity to visit Beam Creative Network and get an insight into the impressive work they have been doing over the past 20 years. This social enterprise is doing incredible work with communities across the north, using art, drama and film to explore issues facing young people today.
“The team at Beam Creative Network is providing a vital service and I am pleased that funding from the Dormant Accounts Fund will help increase both their capacity and sustainability moving forward.
“My visit also reaffirmed my belief in our new social value procurement policy which will give social enterprises like Beam, who have such valuable skills and experience, more opportunities to bid for public contracts.”
Kathryn O’Neill, Head of Operations and Development at Beam Creative Network welcomed the Finance Minister’s visit, saying: “The Dormant Account funding will have a significant impact on how Beam strategically grows in the future. We are delighted to welcome the Minister to discuss our future plans as Beam enter our 20th year making a difference through the arts.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Appointment of Non-Executive Board Members to Department of Finance 27 September 2023
- Landlord allowance date approaching 12 September 2023
- Online awareness events to be held on energy efficiency and related areas of Building Regulations consultation 17 August 2023
- Views sought on proposed changes to the NICS recruitment policy on advertising 07 August 2023