Finance Minister Conor Murphy has visited a social enterprise in Larne to find out more about their work and how financial support from the Department has been invaluable.
Minister Murphy visited Access Employment Ltd (AEL) on Wednesday to see how financial support the charity has received through both the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme and the Dormant Accounts Fund has been used to sustain the organisation during the challenges faced with Covid-19 as well as enabling them to focus on sustainability moving forward.
Speaking after the visit, Minister Murphy said: “It was great to get the opportunity to visit AEL and get an insight into the impressive work they are doing there.
“This charity embodies the very best of the public, private and social sectors working together to provide disadvantaged people with the skills, experience, and confidence to find employment and it was very clear to me as I chatted to some of the trainees that the support they receive through the broad range of opportunities on offer is invaluable. It was also great to see how the charity has become an integral part of the local community in Larne.
“Chief Executive David Hunter and his team are doing incredible work and I am delighted that our Localised Restrictions Support Scheme has helped sustain them during these challenging times and that funding from the Dormant Accounts Fund will help increase both their capacity and sustainability moving forward.
“My visit also reaffirmed my belief that our new social value policy will ensure social enterprises like AEL are given the opportunities they deserve when it comes to bidding for public contracts as they have the skills and experience to deliver.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office at email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Landlords rates discount deadline approaching 08 September 2021
- Murphy extends protection for business tenants until March 2022 07 September 2021
- Operational Delivery Apprenticeship scheme launched 06 September 2021
- Murphy visits local businesses in Strabane 24 August 2021