Finance Minister Conor Murphy has welcomed the additional funding for the Executive and the guarantee that the Executive will receive a minimum of £2.2 billion for its COVID-19 response.
Commenting Minister Murphy said: “I welcome this additional funding and the clarity provided on the Executive’s budget for its Covid response.
“The Executive faces significant financial pressures to be met from this funding including the costs of preparing for a second wave of the virus, and helping businesses to survive and rebuild.
“This funding will help the Executive to maintain public services, support economic recovery, and protect the vulnerable.”
Notes to editors:
- For media queries contact the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Finance Ministers express real concerns over UK Internal Market Bill 17 September 2020
- Murphy confirms £23 million for university places and schools PPE 11 September 2020
- Landlords rates discount deadline approaching 09 September 2020
- Views sought on amending Building Regulations 07 September 2020