Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has welcomed the announcement from Treasury which provides a further £300 million for the Executive which can be used this year or carried forward into the 2021/2022 financial year.
Commenting Conor Murphy said: “I welcome this additional £300 million which will be used towards our Covid-19 response.
“Along with Finance Ministers from Scotland and Wales I have been pressing Treasury for flexibility to carry funds into the next financial year given the continued demands there will be as a result of the pandemic.
“I’m pleased flexibility has been granted in relation to this funding which will ensure continued support for the health service, individuals and businesses in the tough months ahead.
“I will be discussing this funding with Executive colleagues at the earliest opportunity this week.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Civil Service 2022 Pay Award to be implemented for industrial staff 23 May 2023
- Department of Finance statement on 2023/24 Northern Ireland Budget 27 April 2023
- Civil Service 2022 Pay Award to be implemented for non-industrial staff 06 April 2023
- Public Consultation – Civil Service Pensions - Phase Two of the 2015 Remedy (McCloud) 04 April 2023