Finance Minister, Conor Murphy is encouraging citizens, communities and businesses to have their say on the Draft Budget.
Public consultation on the 2022-2025 Draft Budget is now open at www.finance-ni.gov.uk/budget-consultation and will run until 7 March 2022.
Launching the public consultation in the Assembly, Minister Murphy said: “The move from a single-year budget to a three-year budget provides an opportunity to plan, reform and improve public services.
As an Executive we have publicly committed to make health our top priority. This draft Budget honours that commitment.”
“Prioritising health does however present significant challenges for other departments and I will work with other Ministers to find solutions to those challenges.
Encouraging people to participate in the consultation, Minister Murphy continued: “This budget will shape public services for the next three years. It is vital people get involved and make their voices heard.”
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy allocates over £150 million including over £40 million to support education 20 January 2022
- Omicron Hospitality Payment scheme underway 19 January 2022
- Murphy encourages business landlords and tenants to work together 17 January 2022
- Murphy announces energy costs support for families 13 January 2022