Land & Property Services (LPS) is reminding landlords that their rate bill must be paid in full by Monday 30 September 2019 in order to secure this allowance. If you are responsible for paying the rates on one or more properties that you rent out, you may be entitled to 10% discount on your rate bill.
This allowance can only be awarded to eligible landlords who pay their bill in full by 30 September. The discount does not apply to the rates due on landlords’ home addresses, second homes or personal holiday homes. For rented properties where the tenant currently pays the rates, the landlord can enter into formal agreement with LPS which will ensure they are eligible for this allowance in the future. For more information on terms and conditions and how to do this visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-rental-properties
There are a range of ways to pay. Landlords can pay online at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates or by contacting the LPS helpline on 0300 200 7801. For further details on how to make a payment go to www.nidirect.gov.uk/how-you-can-pay-your-rate-bill. Landlords are advised to allow a minimum of five working days for any payment to reach LPS.
Notes to editors:
- For more detailed information about landlord status and different types of landlord accounts visit: www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-rental-properties
- LPS is willing to assist any landlord in financial difficulty by agreeing mutually acceptable payment arrangements that could allow a discount to be awarded for current year rates. Landlords having difficulty paying their rate bill should contact LPS by telephoning 0300 200 7801.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on Twitter @dptFinance
- Murphy Concerned at Funding of Human Rights Commission 28 January 2020
- Murphy allocates funds for Special Educational Needs, Blood Contamination payments and Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry 27 January 2020
- Murphy strengthens code for Special Advisers 20 January 2020
- Murphy committed to meaningful engagement with Trade Union colleagues 17 January 2020