Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has announced £6.75 million for local hospices to support them with the current financial challenges they are facing.
Making the announcement, Conor Murphy said: “The care and support our hospices provide is truly inspiring.
“Our Hospices are there for people and their families when they need it most.
“This £6.75 million support package will help them with the current challenges they are facing from loss of donations and revenue from their retail outlets.
“This funding will make a real difference to these organisations and the families they support.”
This support package includes:
- £3.2 million for the NI Hospice including the Children’s Hospice;
- £1.6 million for Marie Curie;
- £1.1 million for Southern Area Hospice;
- £600,000 for Foyle Hospice; and
- £250,000 for Cancer Fund for Children.
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Landlord allowance date approaching 12 September 2023
- Online awareness events to be held on energy efficiency and related areas of Building Regulations consultation 17 August 2023
- Views sought on proposed changes to the NICS recruitment policy on advertising 07 August 2023
- Views sought on energy efficiency and related areas of the Building Regulations 27 July 2023