Following the Executive’s decision last night, Finance Minister Conor Murphy has confirmed that the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme will be extended for businesses still required to close or severely limit their operations.
Minister Murphy said: “Every effort is being made to process applications as quickly as possible and so far, £12.9 million of payments have issued to 3,418 businesses under my Department’s Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
“Businesses which have already applied to this scheme do not need to make a further application. Another payment will automatically be given to eligible businesses to cover their additional period of restrictions.
“Last week the Chancellor provided a £400 million uplift for the Executive’s response to Covid-19. I have encouraged Executive colleagues to urgently bring forward proposals to use this money.”
Notes to editors:
- Further information on the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme can be found at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/news/murphy-opens-financial-support-scheme-businesses-subject-restrictions
- All media enquiries to the Department of Finance Press Office at email@example.com or by Tel: 028 9081 6724.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy presses Chancellor for multi-year budgeting 15 June 2021
- Murphy launches student placement scheme 14 June 2021
- Finance Minister visits local Armagh manufacturer 09 June 2021
- Consultation launches on Civil Service Injury Benefit Scheme 07 June 2021