Finance Minister Conor Murphy today launched an expansion of the student placement scheme across the civil service.
More than 100 placements will be available across a range of areas including accountancy, architecture, civil engineering, communications, law and policy.
Launching the scheme, Minister Murphy said: “I am delighted that we are able to offer students the opportunity to gain valuable experience within the civil service, particularly at a time when many organisations have had to withdraw their placement schemes due to Covid-19.
“We have doubled the number of placements, helping more students develop skills and gain practical experience in a professional working environment. This will enhance students’ career prospects in whatever field of employment they want to work in, but there is a shortage of young people in the civil service so I hope that some of the students will consider the civil service a good career where they can make a difference to society.
“I would urge eligible students to consider applying and make the most of this opportunity.”
The scheme, which offers placements across government departments, is open to students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who will have successfully completed their second year examinations by the end of the 2020/21 academic year and who have the opportunity to undertake a placement for the 2021/22 academic year. Applications will be accepted from students who have had examinations postponed or cancelled due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19.
Applications open on Monday 14th June and close at noon on Friday 25th June 2021 with placements starting in late August/early September. The salary scale is £18,597 per annum (under review).
Further information on the range of placements and how to apply is available at: www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk/studentplacements
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Murphy launches consultation to mandate Changing Places Toilet provision in Building Regulations 28 July 2021
- Murphy visits Mid Ulster businesses benefitting from financial support 23 July 2021
- Finance Minister visits North Coast business benefitting from a share of over £68 million of Covid support 07 July 2021
- Murphy launches Stormont play park ‘Quiet Hour’ 06 July 2021