Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir today met a delegation from the NI Hotels Federation.
Following the meeting the Minister said: “I want to thank the Hotels Federation for inviting me to discuss the current state of the sector. I had a very informative meeting and they have updated me on their plans and their concerns around the uncertainty in the changing fiscal environment following the outcome of the EU Referendum.
“Hoteliers have had the foresight in recent years to take the risks necessary to help grow the sector successfully and I commend their exemplary leadership which is helping to support the regeneration of local communities in many areas across the north. I stressed my intention to push for a stimulus package for the north and that I have spoken to the Chancellor recently and urged him to bring forward measures following the referendum result."
Notes to editors:
- Sign up to receive the weekly Minister’s News featuring latest updates from Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, Finance Minister.
- Follow the Department of Finance on Twitter @dptFinance and like the Facebook page.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or Tel: 028 9081 6895. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Murphy visits Cuilcagh Mountain 14 October 2021
- Finance Minister welcomes Peace Plus approval 14 October 2021
- Murphy presses Treasury for positive Spending Review outcome 14 October 2021
- Murphy launches consultation to improve energy efficiency in new buildings 12 October 2021