With the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2022 now in place, the Department of Finance has set out the process and guidance for the approval of public sector pay remits in 2022/23.
Pay awards must be affordable in the context of each Department’s budget settlement as set out in the Secretary of State’s Northern Ireland Budget for 2022/23.
With pay policy now in place for 2022/23, this will enable departments and public sector employers to engage with their staff groups to develop pay proposals for negotiation, agreement and implementation as soon as possible.
Employers should be mindful of legal entitlements of individual staff groups and the established principles in previous years’ pay guidance in relation to fairness, giving due regard and consideration as to how awards can be targeted to address low pay and the payment of the Living Wage as calculated annually by the Resolution Foundation and overseen by the Living Wage Commission.
Notes to editors:
Notes to editors:
- View the Pay Remit Approval Process and Guidance 2022/23.
- View the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland’s statement .
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter - @dptfinance
- Facebook - @dptfinance
- Instagram - @department_of_finance
- LinkedIn - Department of Finance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Review of Defamation Law in Northern Ireland 13 November 2023
- Details published on emergency rate relief for businesses affected by recent flooding 10 November 2023
- Public encouraged to get involved in revenue raising consultations 09 November 2023
- Views sought on changes to rate reliefs 07 November 2023