A 4% discount is available to domestic ratepayers if they pay their rate bill in full by Friday 10 May 2019.
The discount is available to ratepayers of occupied or vacant domestic properties. If Land & Property Services (LPS) receives payment in full in a single transaction by the discount day, ratepayers will receive a 4% discount.
Pay online by debit or credit card to secure your discount. Ratepayers can also set up a single Direct Debit for full payment to avail of the discount. For further information on paying by Direct Debit, contact LPS on 0300 200 7801 or visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates
For all other payment methods, ratepayers must allow a minimum of five working days for payment to reach LPS.
LPS encourages anyone having difficulty paying their rate bill to contact them as soon as possible by calling 0300 200 7801. LPS will explore options available to the ratepayer by reviewing their circumstances and may be able to put in place alternative payment arrangements.
Notes to editors:
1. For information on the other ways you can pay your rate bill or to find out about the range of reliefs and entitlements available visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates.
2. Customer Information Centres are located at Lanyon Plaza in Belfast, Academy House in Ballymena, Marlborough House in Craigavon, Waterside House in Londonderry and Boaz House in Omagh. Please note that cash payments are no longer accepted at Customer Information Centres.
3. For media queries contact the Department of Finance Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6895, email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
4. Follow us on twitter @dptfinance.
- Business rates public consultation launched 16 September 2019
- Government Art Exhibition opens in Cookstown 12 September 2019
- Dormant Bank Account Fund to be established in Northern Ireland 12 September 2019
- Landlords Rates discount deadline approaching 09 September 2019