Land & Property Services (LPS) would like to remind customers that there is a 4% discount available to all domestic ratepayers if they pay their 2017/18 rate bill in full by Friday 16 June 2017. This discount is available to ratepayers of occupied or vacant domestic properties.
Direct Debit is the easiest and most convenient way to pay. Ratepayers can set up a Direct Debit online to pay their bill in full, and will avail of the 4% discount if they do so by Friday 16 June at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-direct-debit-online.
Domestic ratepayers can also pay online with a debit or credit card to avail of the 4% discount if they pay in full by Friday 16 June at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates-online.
For all other payments, at a local Post Office or any PayPoint outlet using the ‘Rates Quick Pay Card,’ by phone or in person at an LPS Customer Information Centre, LPS advises ratepayers to allow 5 days for payment to be received by LPS.
LPS would like to encourage anyone having difficulty paying their rate bill to contact LPS as soon as possible by calling 0300 200 7801. LPS will explore each option available to the ratepayer by reviewing their circumstances and may be able to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Last year, LPS made 72,740 payment arrangements with ratepayers to help them manage their rating debt.
There is also a range of reliefs and entitlements available to help ratepayers with their bill. More information can be found online at www.nidirect.gov.uk/rates.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page.
- Media enquiries only to DoF Communications Office on 028 9081 6724 or 028 9081 6725. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Finance Minister meets local businesses in Newry 27 February 2020
- Bug Safari launched at Stormont Estate 18 February 2020
- Murphy allocates additional funds for education, health and infrastructure 17 February 2020
- Call for urgent talks with new Chief Secretary to the Treasury 16 February 2020