Ms Teresa Perchard has been reappointed as a non-Executive member of the Board of the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (the Utility Regulator) for a period of five years, effective from 1 September 2018.
This reappointment has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
1. The Utility Regulator is the non-ministerial government department responsible for regulating the electricity and gas industries as well as water and sewerage services in Northern Ireland. It serves to protect the interests of consumers with regard to both price and quality of service.
2. Ms Teresa Perchard joined the Utility Regulator as non-executive member on 1 September 2013.
3. Ms Perchard has more than 30 years’ experience of consumer affairs policy and advocacy in a number of markets. Until June 2013 she was Director of Policy and Advocacy at Citizens Advice, where she worked for more than 13 years. Ms Perchard now holds a number of non-executive and advisory roles concerned with consumer protection and regulation. These include Chair of the Affinity Water Customer Scrutiny Group, and Council member of the Council for Licensed Conveyancers in England and Wales. She is also Chair of the Fairbanking Foundation. Until April 2018 she was Consumer Champion for CIGA, the Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency across the UK. Until March 2015 she was Vice-Chair of the UK Government’s Fuel Poverty Advisory Group (England) and was a member of that group for 10 years.
4. The Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Ms Perchard declared that she had canvassed on behalf of a Scottish Conservative candidate during the Edinburgh City Council elections and attended the count in May 2017.
5. The position attracts an annual remuneration of £9,712.
7. Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6895/028 90 816727 or email email@example.com.Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Help for businesses affected by Bank Buildings fire 11 December 2018
- £264.7 million allocated in monitoring round 22 November 2018
- Public Sector Pay Policy set for 2018/19 22 November 2018
- Pre-market engagement exercise on eTendersNI 01 November 2018