The Department of Finance has reappointed Mr Jon Carlton and Mr Alex Wiseman as non-Executive members of the Board of the Utility Regulator for a period of five years.
The reappointments are effective from 1st November 2020 and have been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- The Utility Regulator is the non-ministerial government department responsible for regulating the electricity, gas, water and sewerage industries in Northern Ireland, promoting the interests of consumers.
- The position attracts an annual remuneration of £10,232.
- Mr Jon Carlton and Mr Alex Wiseman joined the Utility Regulator as non-executive members on 1 November 2015.
- Mr Jon Carlton is an experienced Director and Chartered Engineer, who has run large-scale complex businesses and key functions in engineering, commercial, regulation and support services. He has extensive experience working in the regulated electricity and gas sector including at National Grid Plc and has non-executive and advisory positions such as Non-Executive Director of ENTRUST (the Regulator of the Landfill Communities Fund). Mr Carlton does not hold any other Ministerial public appointments.
- Mr Alex Wiseman specialises in utility regulation, strategy and finance and has extensive experience in regulated utilities as an executive. He has over 20 years non-executive director experience across public, private and not-for-profit sector organisations. Current non-executive roles include; Bristol Holdings, which owns a waste company, housing company and energy interests, and for Nexus Infrastructure an AIM-listed construction company involved in housing and constructing electric vehicle charging points. In both these roles he chairs their Audit and Risk Committee. His last full time role was as Regulation Director of a gas network and previously as Head of Strategic Planning for an electricity and water network. Mr Wiseman does not hold any other Ministerial public appointments.
- Both Mr Carlton and Mr Wiseman have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- Follow us on Twitter @dptfinance
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Finance Minister meets Financial Services Union 02 March 2021
- 2021 Census launches today 01 March 2021
- Murphy expresses concerns over Levelling Up Fund 26 February 2021
- Murphy allocates £74 million including £25 million for health workers 25 February 2021