The Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) has launched a new competition to recruit Non-Executive Members of Audit Committees and Boards of government departments.
The work of government departments impacts on every aspect of life in Northern Ireland and plays a pivotal role in delivering high-quality public services. In order to promote the efficient and effective use of public money, formal structures are in place to oversee the work of each department and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
Non-Executive Members play an extremely important role in this respect, as they bring a fresh and objective viewpoint to the work of audit committees and boards.
Launching the competition, Head of the Civil Service, Sir Malcolm McKibbin said: “This competition represents a valuable opportunity to make a real difference to the running of a government department and to ensure that public resources are managed effectively.
"Non-Executive Members complement the balance of skills and experience of government officials on Audit Committees and Boards by bringing an external and independent perspective to the analysis of issues. I would encourage people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.”
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 19 April 2017.
Notes to editors:
- This stage of the recruitment competition is being managed by HRConnect, our partner in delivering recruitment services for the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
- Candidate information packs and applications forms for the role of Non-Executive Member of Audit Committees and Boards are available on the NICS recruitment website. Alternatively, HRConnect can be contacted by telephone on 0800 1 300 330 or email email@example.com.
- Most appointments will be for an initial period of three years, which may be extended in further defined periods by agreement. The maximum total term of appointment is six years.
- Non-Executive Member of Audit Committees and Boards will typically be required to be available for 20-25 days annually and will be paid approximately £500 per day, plus expenses.
- For media enquires please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- NICS signs up to Equality Commission's Mental Health Charter 23 January 2018
- Final Update on 2017-18 Financial Position 15 January 2018
- Department of Finance publishes Briefing Paper on Northern Ireland Budgetary Outlook 2018-2020 18 December 2017
- Public Sector Pay Policy set for 2017/18 13 December 2017