Read the statement from Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir on the RHI scheme.
Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir said: "The public has been let down badly by the introduction and operation of the flawed RHI scheme, which could cost the public purse hundreds of millions of pounds.
“It’s imperative therefore that any plan to resolve this issue is robust and financially sound.
“No preferred option has been put before me and there is still much work to be done. Value for money and protecting the public purse will be my criteria in assessing any solution.
“In the interim, it would be inappropriate to speculate on the viability or cost of any solution. As Finance Minister, I will scrutinise any options brought forward to ensure that it stacks up and that it reduces the huge costs of RHI to a minimum.”
Notes to editors:
- Sign up to receive the weekly Minister’s News, featuring latest updates from Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, Finance Minister.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page.
- For media enquires please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- NICS signs up to Equality Commission's Mental Health Charter 23 January 2018
- Final Update on 2017-18 Financial Position 15 January 2018
- Department of Finance publishes Briefing Paper on Northern Ireland Budgetary Outlook 2018-2020 18 December 2017
- Public Sector Pay Policy set for 2017/18 13 December 2017