Read the statement from Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir on the RHI scheme.
Finance Minister Máirtín Ó Muilleoir said: "The public has been let down badly by the introduction and operation of the flawed RHI scheme, which could cost the public purse hundreds of millions of pounds.
“It’s imperative therefore that any plan to resolve this issue is robust and financially sound.
“No preferred option has been put before me and there is still much work to be done. Value for money and protecting the public purse will be my criteria in assessing any solution.
“In the interim, it would be inappropriate to speculate on the viability or cost of any solution. As Finance Minister, I will scrutinise any options brought forward to ensure that it stacks up and that it reduces the huge costs of RHI to a minimum.”
Notes to editors:
- Sign up to receive the weekly Minister’s News, featuring latest updates from Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, Finance Minister.
- Follow us on twitter @dptfinance and like the Facebook page.
- For media enquires please contact the DoF Press Office on 028 9081 6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) now recruiting for Senior Procurement Officer roles 25 September 2017
- Final ticket release for Open Data Camp 5 in Belfast 20 September 2017
- Stormont Estate needs your vote! 15 September 2017
- Rates allowance deadline for landlords fast approaching 12 September 2017