NICS employee Ricki Kettle has been awarded the Stonewall Trans Role Model of the Year 2020 award for her contribution to supporting trans colleagues within the NI Civil Service.
Ricki received the award in recognition of the key role she has played within the NICS’ LGBT Staff Network and across whole organisation to ensure the needs of trans colleagues are supported, as well as promoting the NICS to potential employees as an inclusive employer.
Congratulating Ricki on her achievement, Finance Minister Conor Murphy, whose HR team has led on the development of a NICS People Strategy with diversity and inclusion at its heart said: “All workplaces should be diverse, welcoming and inclusive. Ricki has been a champion of LGBT equality in the civil service, particularly with developing the Trans Policy and Transitioning at Work Guide. I would like to thank Ricki for her valuable work and am delighted her contribution is being recognised.”
On hearing of her award Ricki said: “I am overwhelmed to receive this recognition. In going about my daily work I am very conscious to understand how the lived work experience can be improved for LGBT colleagues and I am always thinking about opportunities to help me to do this. To have my efforts acknowledged like this is truly wonderful.”
Notes to editors:
- Full details of the Stonewall 2020 Top 100 Awards can be found at www.stonewall.org.uk.
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email: email@example.com. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Landlords rates discount deadline approaching 08 September 2021
- Murphy extends protection for business tenants until March 2022 07 September 2021
- Operational Delivery Apprenticeship scheme launched 06 September 2021
- Murphy visits local businesses in Strabane 24 August 2021