The Department of Finance has been working with departments to understand their latest financial positions in 2017/18. This includes the identification of reduced requirements and potential reallocations, taking account of pressures that are increasing or have emerged. As a result of this, some £54million of Resource DEL and £11.2million of Capital DEL has become available for reallocation.
It is proposed that these funds will be allocated as below:
|Department||Resource DEL||Capital DEL||Description|
To address resource and capital flooding pressures and other infrastructure costs
|DOH||40.0m||To address inescapable Trust pressures and support diagnostics and waiting list activity|
|DE||10.0m||To address education budget pressures in schools and other services|
|DFE||1.0m||To meet inescapable pressures to support the NI economy|
These proposed allocations would need to be reflected in a Budget Bill, however it is taken forward, and would be subject to final confirmation at that point. However, the relevant departments are being advised of these proposed allocations now, to avoid any unnecessary adverse impact on services.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email: email@example.com. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Finance Minister meets local businesses in Newry 27 February 2020
- Bug Safari launched at Stormont Estate 18 February 2020
- Murphy allocates additional funds for education, health and infrastructure 17 February 2020
- Call for urgent talks with new Chief Secretary to the Treasury 16 February 2020