The Department of Finance has been working with departments to understand their latest financial positions in 2017/18. This includes the identification of reduced requirements and potential reallocations, taking account of pressures that are increasing or have emerged. As a result of this, some £54million of Resource DEL and £11.2million of Capital DEL has become available for reallocation.
It is proposed that these funds will be allocated as below:
|Department||Resource DEL||Capital DEL||Description|
To address resource and capital flooding pressures and other infrastructure costs
|DOH||40.0m||To address inescapable Trust pressures and support diagnostics and waiting list activity|
|DE||10.0m||To address education budget pressures in schools and other services|
|DFE||1.0m||To meet inescapable pressures to support the NI economy|
These proposed allocations would need to be reflected in a Budget Bill, however it is taken forward, and would be subject to final confirmation at that point. However, the relevant departments are being advised of these proposed allocations now, to avoid any unnecessary adverse impact on services.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Reval2023 will inform future rates bills – Murphy 01 December 2021
- Multi-year Budget provides opportunity for long-term thinking – Murphy 23 November 2021
- NI Cyber Security Centre launches Cyber Champions Programme 22 November 2021
- Workers should be paid a fair wage - Murphy 16 November 2021