The Department of Finance has been working with departments to understand their latest financial positions in 2017/18. This includes the identification of reduced requirements and potential reallocations, taking account of pressures that are increasing or have emerged. As a result of this, some £54million of Resource DEL and £11.2million of Capital DEL has become available for reallocation.
It is proposed that these funds will be allocated as below:
|Department||Resource DEL||Capital DEL||Description|
To address resource and capital flooding pressures and other infrastructure costs
|DOH||40.0m||To address inescapable Trust pressures and support diagnostics and waiting list activity|
|DE||10.0m||To address education budget pressures in schools and other services|
|DFE||1.0m||To meet inescapable pressures to support the NI economy|
These proposed allocations would need to be reflected in a Budget Bill, however it is taken forward, and would be subject to final confirmation at that point. However, the relevant departments are being advised of these proposed allocations now, to avoid any unnecessary adverse impact on services.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be addressed to the Department of Finance Press Office on Tel: 028 9081 6724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of Office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Over 25,000 businesses benefitting from 100% rate relief - Murphy 04 August 2020
- Murphy chairs first meeting of RHI Sub-Committee 30 July 2020
- Finance Minister Welcomes additional funding 24 July 2020
- Finance Minister responds to Chancellor’s Summer Economic Update 08 July 2020